Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 5, 2013

A little slip but not a slide

This weekend has been a bit rough.  Saturday afternoon we were invited to a friends for drinks and dinner so I slipped off the diet for the night.  And the hangover that followed did not help today go so well either.  Oops!

Everyone is going to have a SLIP right?  The key is to get back on track and not let it become a SLIDE!

I successfully nursed my hangover with a grilled ham & cheese for breakfast and a Philly soft pretzel for lunch, followed by a nice nap with my equally tired little man!  Then it was right back on track!  This was my dinner: broccoli, grilled salmon and a tiny bit of wild rice with quinoa.


When I took this picture, it reminded me of the My Plate from www.choosemyplate.gov.  Half the plate with fruits/vegetables, some protein and some starch.  It is so important to teach our children how to eat properly and to include fruits AND vegetables into their daily meals!  Cooper's plate looked pretty similar to mine with only a few less pieces of broccoli and a bit more rice.  He needs to gain weight after all!

I am hoping my weigh in tomorrow won't reflect too much of my slip.  I was seeing 128 on the scale before the weekend so I'm still hopeful to break 130.  If it doesn't happen though, I had a fun time out Saturday and I just have to work that much harder this week to see the scale reflect my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment