Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blueprint Cleanse - grocery list and cost breakdown

Grocery list for 3 days of the Foundation level cleanse on Blueprint Cleanse:

Produce:
24 - Granny Smith apples
1 bag - Romaine lettuce
4 bags - Celery
8 - cucumbers
2 bags - Kale
1 bag - Parsley
2 bags - Spinach
1 pineapple
1 clamshell of Mint leaves
2 bags - Lemons

Dry grocery:
lemon juice
Agave nectar
cashews (15 oz)
vanilla extract
cayenne pepper

Water bottles - 18
use the water in the lemonade and cashew milk recipes



And now for the final tally........
Grocery cost: $74.69
Per day: $24.89
Per juice: $4.15

UPDATE: when I went to buy the ingredients for round 2 I was a little more cost conscience and the per juice price came down to $3.20!  I also bought some Mason jars to put the juice in (glass is better!) so that reduced the 1-time use fee of the water bottles. 

So, while BPC charges $70 per day, you can make your own for approximately $25.  This does not include the cost of the juicer/blender so you'll have to figure that in as well.  If I were to cleanse every other month that would be about $9.00 additional in blender costs for one year.

I also would suggest shopping a little smarter than I did to be more cost efficient.  I'm sure you can buy raw cashews for cheaper (I spent about $18) and of course you don't use the entire vanilla extract or agave bottle while making these recipes so you can take some cost off there as well.

Good luck and happy cleansing!

3 comments:

  1. is this list for 3 days worth of juice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci - this list is for a 3 day cleanse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this list. I see you have 2 bags of lemons listed, but then under dry goods you also have lemon juice. Can you explain the difference?

    ReplyDelete