Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Follow up from BPC

I've been asked a few times how the BPC ended and how I've been feeling, eating and doing since - so here's the update.   Following the cleanse my goal was to eat "clean" which in my mind means the famous mantra:

dont' eat it IF IT DOESN'T COME FROM THE GROUND OR HAVE A MOTHER

Well that was quickly out the window as our Friday sushi at work became a spur-of-the-moment (i.e. intentional way to vandalize my BPC success) trip to hibachi!   I LOVE hibachi!   I was pretty cautious of the volume I ate though - more out of fear that I would be severely punished for eating "real" solid food so quickly after being only on a juice cleanse.   I am happy to report there were no negative side effects to my hibachi lunch and I was still well within my calorie goal for the day.

The weekend continued with lots of fruits and veggies.  I even managed to obstain from drinking at a family birthday party (full disclosure: I did have cake though - who can resist chocolate cake with peanut butter icing?  Not this girl!)  As we were leaving the party Cooper came down with a stomach virus that left us housebound and him couch ridden all day Sunday and most of Monday.

I had to run to the office on Monday even though I had taken the day off to stay home with Coop for President's Day.  After our errands all around town we went to the diner for dinner.  I opted for a spinach salad with hot bacon dressing.  YUM!   Coop wasn't feeling well again so he barely ate.  And then....it happened.  I came down with the stomach virus at 2am Tuesday morning.

It. was. awful!

I'm pretty sure what we both had was some version of the ever popular NOROVIRUS!   I do not wish this stomach bug on my worst enemy.  I was supposed to fly to California on Tuesday but moving from the bathroom was physically impossible (let alone being in a window seat on a six hour plane ride).  So California was cancelled.

The virus lasted a good 48 hours and I swear to you I think I am still feeling the affects today.  My stomach has been one big pit of acid reflux ever since.  And other (unmentionable) side effects.  Some say it was the cleanse, but I am going to blame the virus.  I don't think even a juice cleanse could cause this much havoc on my insides!

So whether the cleanse was to fault or not, I'll never know!  But I doubt it.  Irregardless, a combination of the BPC and the virus kept me down 5 of the 7lbs I had lost during the cleanse.  

This week was a bit of a challenge in regards to my food intake.  Let's just say there was a very unpretty binge after realizing a size 4 dress fit well with room to spare.  Yes, I know this is backwards logic (the dress fits - yay - I'll go binge eat ?!?  huh?)  but that is why I have a problem with dieting and food and weight!   My brain is backwards!

But ....two weeks out of the BPC and I am still 5lbs lighter than I started.  For that I say THANK YOU BPC!!!!!

Would I do it again?  Probably - but only if I had a wedding or function that I needed to quickly get a flat belly for.  Oh wait - I do have a wedding this weekend.  If only I could afford to do it again - I definitely would!  Green juice and all!


1 comment:

  1. I had a Bento box (teriyaki) for lunch thurs. Way healthier than Mexican or Burger joint. I need to NOT go to places with good "bad" food. Nowill power. Best foe me is to avoid and "brown bag" good foods.

    ReplyDelete