Total Pageviews

Friday, March 1, 2013

Cleanses make me sick - literally!


I have recently discovered, with some forceful eye-opening from my colleagues, that I tend to get sick right after I do a cleanse.  I am not talking about a little head cold either.  I have had Norovirus after my first Blueprint Cleanse and now the flu after a week of the Master Cleanse.   Also a few other colds, illnesses and stomach bugs after my other extreme diet choices.  

I didn't really believe what they kept telling me - stop fad diets.  I always have good luck (and good discipline) when I do something that is extremely strict, impossible to cheat on and provides results!  That is the hardest part.  They do work!   BUT, they are unhealthy!   As I was looking back through this blog I found the Norovirus post after the BPC.  That really made me take a hard look at this unfortunate trend.

Look, I'm not blaming the BPC for giving me the Norovirus anymore than I think I got the flu because I was on the Master Cleanse.  What I think happens is my body shuts down, weakens itself and loses the ability to fight off these viruses!  

So what's the conclusion: NO more juice cleanses!  Or crazy fad diets - trust me, I've tried them ALL.  Back to eating clean and exercising more!   It's as simple as that! 

Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment