Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

GM Diet update, leg/hip/thigh update and a treadmill too

Hello readers,

After my last post, I wanted to provide an update to the GM Diet.  I followed the diet for one week as I blogged and then I took one day off and started again.  The second week of the GM diet was a little more difficult to follow (or obey).  I was about 60% on the GM diet until about Tuesday.  From there it all went downhill.  In my defense, I had a LOT on my plate Tuesday including a very difficult decision about our puppy.  But, despite all that, on Friday morning I was 129.4 at home and finished our weight loss competition at 130.4 in the office.  That's a 14lb loss in the 9 weeks we did the competition.

Overall, my rating of the GM diet was a 9 out of 10!   It is easy to follow, strict but flexible, affordable and produced great results without starving me to the point of binge eating!   I liked it so much, I started it again today for week #3!  Following Easter weekend I was up to 133.4 this morning so I would like to get back to that 129 and keep that number going down, down, DOWN!

For those of you who have seen me in person over the last eight months, you might have recognized my slight limp.  Or more like a complete dragging of my left leg.  After doing every possible test, four weeks of PT and even contemplating surgery, I was finally introduced to a doctor who knew exactly what my problem was and more importantly, how to fix it.

About a month ago, I received my first set of "trigger point therapy" needle injections to stimulate a spasm in the muscle belly that runs down your inner thigh.  This is the most painful experience of my life - including child labor.  To be fair, I had two epidurals during labor so maybe my view is a little foggy.  But let me tell you, trigger point therapy hurts like a Be-witch!!  After another appointment two weeks ago, and four more needles in my muscle belly, I am feeling so much better.  It amazes me that I went this long being completely mis-diagnosed!  That being said, I am on the road to complete recovery and could not be happier.

So.....it's time to get moving again!   I was contemplating joining the gym again now that I am able to go but tonight I re-evaluated and chose a more efficient and hopefully useful alternative.  I opted to buy a very "no-frills" treadmill from Amazon that I plan on putting right in my living room to hopefully encourage *force* me to get moving.  I have also committed to Cooper that we will go for a bike ride at least 3-4 nights out of the week.  This can mean me riding, walking or running beside Coop and his new bike!

Stay tuned, I plan on being a lean, mean, sexy mama-machine this summer!   Vacation is 60 days away!!!  

2 comments:

  1. I have been looking the World Wide Web for this information and I want to thank you for this post. It’s not easy to find such perfectly written information on this topic. Great Work…gm diet plan,….

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really it is a nice blog, I would like to tell you that you have given me much knowledge about it.
    gm diet plan

    ReplyDelete