Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mommy Night Out..........or not

Coop is at his friend Landon's for a sleepover tonight.  He left around 3pm and will be home tomorrow around 9am.  So I had the whole night to myself.  Did I go drinking?  No!  Did I go out dancing?  No!  Did I have a date?  No!  Am I pathetic - yes!

I have known about this night out for a few weeks now.  I didn't want to plan a night in the city because I was a little worried about being away from home if Coop wanted to come home or something happened.  Unfortunately, I don't really have any girlfriends here yet that I could go out with around home (other than Shannon who is the lucky keeper of the Coop tonight with her son Landon and family!)  So I decided to take some "me" time and get a pedicure, go shopping and catch a chick flick.  By myself :(

One of the hardest aspects of being a single mom is the irony of the fact that you are never alone but always lonely.  I miss having a social life and to be honest, having friends.  I miss being able to go out and meet new people without having to explain that I'm a mom and can't go out more than once a year!  I miss being "me".

Don't get me wrong, I love this new me.  I didn't know who I was until I became a mother!!  And I love being Cooper's mom!  He is my whole world.  Just sometimes, on nights like tonight, even that can be a little lonely.

So, on my one night a year (or two) that I don't have Coop I am sitting here by myself, feeling quite sorry for myself to be honest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment