Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Invisalign - Week 2

Tray 2 was fairly uneventful - and that's good news!   The trays were tight when I first put them in, especially on my snaggle tooth.  Toward the end of the week though I could feel more pain in my molars than before.  I guess that is a good sign that things are moving around the way they should be, right?

I tried to wear the rubber bands last week but they were cutting the inside of my cheek.  I do have an overbite or cross-bite so I know I should be wearing these things but I just couldn't bring myself to have the mouth sores all week.  Then on Thursday I got a terrible sinus infection and all bets were off.  I was already unable to breathe normally and had a very sore throat.  I didn't want to add to the mess!  So I didn't do the rubber bands this week.  Oops!  

Tonight I will change to tray three.  I need to give the bottom one a good filing before I put it in!  The last two I have had to use a nail file to shave down the front of the bottom tray so my bottom lip doesn't get cut.  There are two little cut outs for the rubber bands to attach to on the bottom and for some reason they stick way out.  Dr. Kadar said to use a nail file or Emory board so that is what I have been doing.  Although it's hard to get a nail file into these little cracks.  

I have found it is getting easier to talk and my mouth is not salivating quite as much as it had been.  My lisp is most noticeable right after I change the trays. No one in the office has mentioned it or asked if I have them in yet.  I am very cautious not to leave them out for too long and sometimes I even find I have them in for more than the required 22 hours a day.  Although let's be honest, most days I wear them between 21-22 hrs.  

All in all, I am pleased with the progress so far.  I'm excited to see the teeth start moving and to see the next few weeks of trays.  I understand that when I go back to Dr Kadar next week I will get the buttons installed on my teeth.  That is a little nerve wracking but I am confident it won't be a huge issue.  So far, so good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment