Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Blueprint Cleanse experiment

These little bottles are the only things I will be eating/drinking for three days.  It's called the Blueprint Cleanse and you can read more about it here for all of the details.  But the gist of it is a great way to jump start a clean eating or healthy mindset by forgoing all carbs, refined sugars, caffeine, alcohol and solid food (oh yeah, that too!) for a few days to "reset" your internal system.

My reason for choosing the Blueprint cleanse was simple.  A friend of mine did the cleanse (thanks MM) and I thought to myself "hey, if he can do it, I can certainly try!"  So after a few weeks of debating the cost, I finally decided that I would go ahead and purchase the drinks.  They will arrive on Tuesday in their cute little BPC cooler.  I ordered the "Foundation" cleanse because I didn't want to go with the beginner cleanse (I'm too cool for that) and I was scared to death of the extreme cleanse.

Let me clarify that the idea of the cleanse is to break down the toxins that are trapped in your body.  Not to actually cleanse your colon or anything frightening like that!   Although there may be some "waste" leaving your system, most testimonials I read stated that they actually experienced little to no difference in that department.  Enough on that topic!

BPC is kind enough to send you an email three days prior to your BPC arriving.  They give you the details on the logistics of your juice arriving and then a nice little paragraph about how to prepare.  It starts by saying "Prepare, prepare, prepare......we can't stress this enough."  So I decided to heed the warning and today I am preparing!   All fruits and veggies for two days prior to the BPC and two days after.  That's the plan anyway - I will keep you posted.

Off to enjoy my fruit for breakfast!  Wish me luck!

Sunday Update:  Spent the day eating only veggies and fruits.  Breakfast was green tea & fruit salad (watermelon, kiwi and strawberries - 1c.), lunch and dinner were salads with iceberg, spinach, cukes and avocado and a few more green teas throughout the day.  I'm a little hungry and really wishing I could devour the 60+ Valentine's Day cookies I made this weekend BUT I am on a mission.  I hope to be as disciplined tomorrow!  Until then........

Monday Update:  Down 1.8lbs this morning.  I guess being "vegan" for a day is pretty good for you.  Today was easier than I thought at work!  I cannot wait for my BPC to arrive tomorrow.  Not sure what time FedEx will get there - hopefully early!  I did cheat a bit tonight with a few Hershey Hugs/pretzels with M&Ms from Valentine's day.  I did not have the V-day cookies that were eyeing me up all day though.  Huge win for me!

Stay tuned tomorrow for Day #1 of the Blueprint Cleanse.  I hope to update throughout the day with how I'm feeling, how the juices taste, etc.  We'll see how that goes........

No comments:

Post a Comment