Total Pageviews

Monday, November 7, 2011

Happy Fall


On Saturday Cooper and I took a little drive down to Parvin State Park in Pittsgrove, NJ to shoot our annual photo session.  Last year we chose an abandoned farm for our photo shoot which provided a very unique and almost dark backdrop to our holiday cards.  This year, I decided we would shoot a picturesque "Fall" photo shoot.  Truth be told, I had an appointment with a local photographer last week that we ended up canceling.  I knew I had made an expensive choice in photographers but I love her work and wanted to see our portraits through her vision.  In the end, the cost overruled the potential art and we were back to square one.

So, off we went, on yet another road trip!  Complete with tripod, lenses, ideas for poses and the most handsome subject ever I set out to "capture the moment".  The leaves at Parvin were perfect!  They have been gorgeous the last two weeks and lucky for us they have not completely fallen yet!

I knew I wanted some candid shots, some posed pictures and just some cute Cooper shots too.  Mission - accomplished.  After downloading the 140+ pictures we took, I was more than pleased with the "raw" pictures.  I have been indulging in editing them ever since and hope to have some to share soon.  And I know our Christmas cards will be amazing this year.  I may even replace the large portrait in the living room of Cooper and I from our photo session when he was two!!!!

The unfortunate part of the day was that, at the end of it, I was unable to walk!  I have been battling a hip, leg, thigh, muscle, pain for over three months now.  It started in July and hasn't let up yet!  So after standing, walking and exploring for more than six hours Saturday, I was disabled!  It was very upsetting because we wanted to go for a hike Sunday and I could barely stand!  Luckily, I had come to the conclusion last week that it was time to get this issue resolved and finally scheduled an appointment with the Orthopedic surgeon for today.

Long story short, the doctor thinks I have "internal snapping hip" syndrome.  A dynamic ultrasound should confirm his theory and physical therapy has been set up to begin next week.  Let's hope this is the solution I'm so desperately needing right now!  Please!

In other news: Cooper has made his Christmas list on Amazon.com!   I cannot believe we are already planning for Christmas!   November is going fast and December is going to be BUSY.  The first weekend we are in Coudersport for a family Christmas celebration.  The next weekend we are going to Boston to meet baby Lucas and visit Allison and Ruyter!   I can't wait!  

No comments:

Post a Comment